Friday, December 5, 2014

Cookie Monster

Google defines "cookies" as: [cookies] are stored by the Web browser on your system's hard drive, and you can view them to see which Web sites that you visit are associated with your cookie files. I looked at my hard drive and have come to the conclusion that I have been living with the cookie monster for a long time. I had tons of cookies from tons of different websites. This scares me just a little because I know I have been tracked by websites and companies to get information about me. One website had 37 cookies underneath it and I don't even know remember getting on that site or why. This does explain why whenever I get onto social media websites that the advertisements are always on point and have to do with things I just looked at or are interested in. Thinking of it in that terms makes me happy that there are cookies because it's almost like I have more of a personal experience. On the other hand, I still don't like how we can do this without consent of the user. 

No comments:

Post a Comment