Sunday, September 21, 2014
News Satisfaction
Growing up I remember seeing adults reading newspapers, but it never seemed appealing to me, possibly because I was too young and worried about riding my bike faster than everyone. Years passed and the newspapers started being replaced with magazines. The next time I actually read a newspaper was in my high school business class. Our teacher ordered the Lexington Herald and The New York Times every week for us to sum up certain articles and keep up to date with what's happening around us. Out of class, instead of reading the actual newspaper, I always had some sort of app.
With an app, I can look up not only this weeks news, but the news from months previous. Apps also allow you to be able to watch a video and see the report they gave when aired. It's very easy to go from local news in my hometown and then clicking one button and seeing an article that deals with a national issue.
The Lexington Herald has a print issue, app version for free,and a website that needs no subscription. No matter where I am, I can always be connected to my hometown and what is happening. They meet the needs of both local and national news and that's why I believe they are striving. A smaller town may see it differently and not enjoy it as much, but for the people who live in Lexington, I would say that if it's free, the people must be liking it enough to keep it that way.
#AVerenich
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment